June 21, 2009

The Posters of Frankenstein :
Carry On Screaming


Let's see... There’s a freaky Frankenstein-like neanderthal monster with furry claws, a dungeon wall, a boiling vat, a haunted manor, lightning, tombstones, bats… One look at this garish poster and you know exactly what to expect from this film. Cleavage!

Carry On Screaming (1966) is a delightfully silly horror film spoof and an affectionate homage to Hammer Films. A slightly different version of this poster, complete with Fenella Fielding in busty profile as the Morticia-like Valeria Watt, appeared on a British Royal Mail stamp commemorating the Carry On films in 2008.


The original trailer for the film.


Related:
Carry On Screaming
The Stamps of Frankenstein


4 comments:

Mandra said...

Ohhhh!! I Love This Film!! And This poster has a special charm! I love B-Movies!

I love Frankensteinia, is the BEST!

A hug from Spain Pierre. Greetings!

rob! said...

Wow...I think I might need to see this.

Thanks, Pierre...I think.

Uncle Gustav said...

Frying tonight!

Löst Jimmy said...

This film really is Top Notch!

Without doubt my favourite Carry On movie